A new way to enjoy chocolate chip cookie... the only thing missing from this picture is a scoop of vanilla ice cream:) Thanks to my copy of Yummy Books So-Easy Sweets for the recipe. The kids had a blast partaking of slices of this deep dish cookie - thick and made more yummy with the addition of heavenly chocolate chips & chocolate syrup!
Here's the recipe:
1. As always when you bake cookies like these, preheat oven to 325F. Afterwards, proceed to prepare the materials and make the recipe.
2. In a bowl, combine 3 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup quick-cooking oats, 2 teaspoons baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened) and one cup sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Add two eggs, one at a time and beat until smooth. Stir in 4 tsps. vanilla extract.
5. Add flour mixture to the creamed butter-eggs mix and beat till well combined. Fold in 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and one cup chopped walnuts.
6. Transfer dough to a baking pan or ovenproof casserole (preferably 10-inch). Spread the dough evenly.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes until edges are done and top is lightly browned.
8. (optional) Before serving, drizzle top with chocolate syrup or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.