Thursday, July 01, 2010
These cupcakes are totally heavenly. I adopted these from Yummy Books So-Easy Sweets and they turned out to be finger-lickin' good. I followed the recipe to the letter but found the chocolate ganache to be runny. Still, it was good! I wouldn't hesitate to do this again, especially as my children couldn't resist yummy chocolate in any form:)
Here's the recipe:
1/2 cup butter
100 grams bittersweet Belgian chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
For the chocolate ganache -
2 cups cream
400 grams bittersweet Belgian chocolate, chopped
How to do:
1. In a small pan, melt butter. Add chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with paper cups.
3. In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in cocoa powder and vanilla. Add melted chocolate and beat until smooth.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Beat until smooth.
5. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.Cool before frosting.
6. Prepare the ganache. Put the cream in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth. Cook until thick and use to frost the cupcakes.
Posted by ajay at 7/01/2010 08:29:00 AM