Monday, January 17, 2005

My Favorite Omelette


omelette2
Originally uploaded by annalyn.

I love eggs, or any food with eggs on them, especially omelettes. Unfortunately, it's not something I always cook, maybe because my kids prefer their eggs either sunny side up or scrambled only. But I like the omelette because it's very easy to prepare and is versatile for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Here's my favorite recipe:

1 piece onion
3 cloves garlic
2 pieces medium tomatoes
1 can tuna
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying

1. Saute onion, garlic and tomatoes and cook till transparent.
2. Add tuna.
3. Transfer cooked mixture to egg bowl.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and when hot enough, put in egg & tuna mixture.
5. When almost done, flip to other side and cook also till set.





omelette
Originally uploaded by annalyn.
This was how my omelette looked like when it was done. I am quite particular in turning out a perfectly-shaped omelette and what I do is put a plate or pan cover over it when it's ready to be served and flip to the other side. Ergo, you got a round (not folded) omelette.

0 comments: