Sunday, August 14, 2011
If you love cheesecake but is intimidated at the thought of using an oven, here's a no-bake cheesecake recipe that I learned from a class at The Maya Kitchen:
1. Prepare crumb crust. Combine 1 cup crushed graham crackers, 1 cup finely chopped cashew nuts, 1 tbsp. sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter.
2. Press evenly over the base of a 9-inch aluminum pan or a 9-inch springform pan lined with aluminum foil
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
4. Prepare cream cheese filling. Process one 225-gram pack cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in a blender. Add 1 1/4 cups thick cream and mix until smooth. Add cooled gelatin mixture. (One tbsp. unflavored gelatin dissolved in 1/4 cup water). Stir in chopped mangoes.
5. Pour cream cheese filling in chilled crust.
6. Refrigerate cheesecake for several hours until set.
Posted by ajay at 8/14/2011 05:05:00 AM