Saturday, November 19, 2011
Preparation time: 5 minutes; Cooking time: 3-5 minutes; Serves: 1-2
3 whole fresh eggs, large size
1 pc whole chorizo, sliced diagonally
1⁄2 Tbsp corn oil
1⁄2 cake quesong puti, sliced in thin flat sheets
3 - 4 pcs basil leaves, torn or cut into chiffonade
pinch coarse salt
pinch freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp softened butter
1 Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1. Heat corn oil in hot pan. Pan-fry the chorizo slices.
2. The pimenton oils from the chorizo will blend with the corn oil and turn it into a rich
3. Remove from heat and separate chorizo slices.
4. Reserve the oil.
5. In a glass bowl, slightly beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Season with salt, pepper and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce.
6. Pour the "chorizo oils" and stir gently until blended.
7. The stirred eggs might cook a bit if the oil is still hot.
8. In a hot teflon pan or skillet, melt the butter and heat until bubbly.
9. Pour the egg mixture evenly and let stand for 1 minute, then lower heat gradually to prevent the omelette from burning at the bottom.
10. Lay out the chorizo slices, quesong puti slices and basil leaves on the omelette like you would do on a bibingka.
11. Fold the omelette.
Serve right away with Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
Posted by ajay at 11/19/2011 11:22:00 PM