Monday, April 04, 2011

Chicken cordon bleu with white wine



I've been puttering a lot around the kitchen this summer. Today, I even taught the kids how to make pizza with mince meat, ham and mozzarella. And of course, they also saw how I made this great chicken cordon bleu dish. Here's hoping one of them will inherit my culinary inclination one day, or even become a chef! tee hee

I've eaten stuffed chicken before but somehow it's only now that I found time to make it. It wasn't as hard as I thought. Basically it's just a matter of flattening the chicken fillet a bit and putting ham and cheese for the stuffing. I held the meat with toothpick and went on to dry the pieces in a mixture of butter and olive oil.

Making the white wine sauce is a way of fully cooking the chicken. As you are frying, add a couple of swigs of dry white wine and flavor it with bouillon cubes. Cover the pan and simmer until sauce is reduced. Add cooking cream at the right time and slowly stir. Serve warm with pasta aglio olio or your favorite carbs:)

Here's the complete recipe of this chicken cordon bleu version.

0 comments: