Friday, December 17, 2004

A Taste of Taiwan


taiwan sausage
Originally uploaded by annalyn.
I caught the last day of the World Bazaar Festival last Sunday at the World Trade Center and made one of my most important food discoveries of the year: the Taiwan sausage in choices of pork or chicken. It is simply so yummy that I've been eating it everyday for five days. A dozen cost only P160 pesos and is available in Chinese deli shops like DEC's deli and Shin Tong Yang on Gandara St. Binondo.


ice bar
Originally uploaded by annalyn.
In the same Taiwan booth, I tried their dessert which is called Ice Bar. I found out it was a better, tastier version than the rage of the moment, the Ice Monster. One had a chocolate-mallow topping while the other had cherries and preserved fruits. I heard the distributor is already accepting dealerships so it should be a craze soon. At only P35, the Ice Bar is definitely a treat.

My latest food adventure has aroused my curiosity of Taiwan. My Rotarian buddies were there recently to visit our sister-club and they were also raving about the food (not to mention running naked in the freezing open-air hot spring). Hmm, Taiwan should be on my list of must-visit places soon. If you have anything more to say about Taiwanese cuisine, your comments here would be much appreciated.

1 comments:

Manong's said...

Hi!

Great to read your blog. I went to the same bazaar as well and made the same discovery. It was the best sausage I have ever tasted in my life !!! I bought a few packs there and thought of taking down their tel. nos. for reorders but unfortunately all the packages got thrown out before I could copy them. Grrr.

I'm wondering if you have the tel nos of the supplier. I tried calling DECs but said they don't sell taiwan sausage. I looked everywhere in the internet for the number of Shin Ton Yang, but there's none. I do hope you have their contact details: tel nos or addresses. Will really appreciate it. Thanks a million!