Monday, November 22, 2004

A cookie swap & my chocolate chip oatmeal


Choco chip oatmeal cookies
Originally uploaded by annalyn.
When I want to satiate myself, I surf the great food sites on the web including Sassy's pioneering blog on Filipino cooking and Shiokadelicious' tips on great eats in Singapore. I discovered Domestic Goddess recently and her call for a cookie swap among bloggers got me thinking "why not?"

A point of clarification: this lazy cook bakes once in a blue moon. But I do remember last Christmas when I gave my home-made cookies as gifts to friends. My son Paolo, who has a sweet tooth, is my no. 1 fan when it comes to my classic chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.

Here's the recipe as adapted from Epicurious:

1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. In a bowl, whisk together 2 c. all purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt and 1 cup rolled oats.

3. In another bowl - with an electric mixer - cream softened butter, 1 1/4 cups firmly-packed brown sugar and 1/4 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy.

4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and mix in 1 tsp. vanilla.

5. Beat in flour mixture and stir in chocolate chips.

6. Drop a rounded tablespoon of the dough uno buttered baking sheets and bake cookies in batches for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool the cookies.

Well, the cookies today didn't turn out to be the best I baked. It must be harassed state as my kids were having a tantrum one after the other. Whatever, the cookies were all they needed to quiet down and get a much-needed sugar fix.

Till the next IMBB.

2 comments:

Lani said...

Ajay,

How many eggs will I use for this recipe?

Thanks for sharing!

Ivy said...

Hi,
I recently visited the philippines and my tita bought me some chocolate crinkles. I LOVE THEM but I can't get them here in Canada. Do you know the recipe or any company there that I could order from to ship here?

Thanks!