Friday, January 13, 2012
I call this THE moist chocolate cake. And nothing else in life brings joy. A taste of chocolate-y goodness is enough to give you a high for the day. Most of the time, I am thinking "I should diet!" but this is definitely one of those things you can't resist.... simply because! :)
Recipe from Chef Kittin Z:
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups boiling water
2 ¾ cups MAYA All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup cocoa
¾ cup sugar
2 tablespoons MAYA All Purpose Flour
2 ½ cups milk
1. In a bowl, mix unsweeted cocoa with boiling water; mix with wire whisk until smooth. Set aside and cool completely.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together, except the sugar.
3. In a large bowl of mixer, using paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, eggs, & vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. At a low speed, beat in flour mixture and liquid cocoa mixture alternately, ending with flour mixture.
5. Pour equally into three 9-inch round pans.
6. Bake in 350°F / 177°C oven for 25-30 minutes.
7. Mix all choco icing ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour hot icing immediately to cover cake.
Posted by ajay at 1/13/2012 06:41:00 PM